Top Reasons Why Avocados Are The Best Food In The World

Avocados are widely considered to be the best fruit in the world. You probably think the same. However, you might be surprised to learn that the tasty green thing isn’t a vegetable, but rather a fruit. In fact, it is actually a berry.

Avocados Can Be Really Fattening, but in a Good Way

While they might have more fat compared to other types of fruit, that shouldn’t discourage you from actually eating avocados. They are loaded with healthy mono-unsaturated fat. It is a very amazing type of fat since it is good for the heart.

“Alligator pear” is the avocado’s nickname. Due to its wrinkled rough green skin that looks like an alligator’s and the fact that it is pear shaped means that the avocado kind of looks like an alligator’s eye when cut open.

Eating avocados can help your body better regulate blood pressure.

Avocados Make the Best Bread Spread

Forget peanut butter, mayonnaise, jam, or butter. Have you ever heard about avocado toast? It is simply the most delicious thing ever. Better still, when you take it, you will enjoy the benefit of more than 20 nutrients once it is mashed up and spread on your breakfast toast. Avocado’s can also be a great start to the day by boosting your metabolism and giving you enough energy to keep you going till lunch, why not search out vegan food delivery near me to try it out.

Guacamole is Undoubtedly the Best and Healthiest Dip Ever

Here’s one tip: Contrary to popular belief, adding the pit of the avocado to a bowl of guacamole isn’t what keeps the dip green and fresh days after it is prepared. The secret is to add plenty of lemon and lime juice. Your guacamole turns brown due to the exposure to oxygen while the acidity of lemon and lime juice slows down the process of oxidation.

Avocado Oil is Something Real and is Said to Do Wonders for the Body

Avocado oil, which is fat pressed from the fruit, is similar in form to olive oil. When you cook with avocado oil, however, you could be fighting cancer, heart disease, as well as signs of aging. Researchers in Mexico have shown that avocado oil can help fight rogue oxygen molecules that are known to destroy DNA, proteins, and cell membranes.

Avocados Are a Great Source of Fibre

If you are tired of eating beans to get your fix of fibre, you should start eating some avocados. A medium-sized avocado contains 10 grams of fibre, with 75 percent of that fibre is actually insoluble (speeds up the digestion process), while the other 25 percent is soluble (makes you feel “full”).

Avocados Help the Body Absorb Nutrients From Other Foods

According to one study, when you add avocado to salad, the absorption rate of beta-carotene from carrots rose 13.6 times while the absorption rate of alpha-carotene from lettuce rose 4.3 times in comparison to the same salad taken without avocado. The reason is that mono-saturated fat in avocados helps the body better absorb fat-soluble carotenoid phytonutrients.

Avocados Make for a Better Substitute for Healthier Baked Goods

If you want to eat healthier, you should consider swapping avocado for butter in most baked good recipes. Banana bread and chocolate-chip cookies usually taste delicious when baked with avocado. You can even use avocado in the frosting.

Avocados are also full of potassium and magnesium, which are both known to help lower blood pressure. Avocados provide more magnesium than 20 other fruits, which include the banana, strawberry, and kiwi.

Close Menu