3 Reasons Why Your Business Definitely Needs to Use SEO

SEO is critical for greater visibility and search engine recognition, but it provides real value beyond that as well. The following 3 reasons are why businesses need to use SEO, or get the help of an SEO company, to propel their brands to new levels of success.

1. The Main Source of Website Traffic is Usually Organic Search

For most businesses, organic search is a critical component of their website performance. It is also an important aspect of the buyer funnel and getting uses to ultimately participate in an engagement or conversation.

As marketers are well aware, Google owns a much greater share of the search market compared to such competitors as Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Yandex, Baidu, and others.

All search engines contribute to the visibility of a brand, but 75 per cent of the total search market is owned by Google. It is the obvious leaders and therefore it is very important to follow its guidelines. However, other search engines own the other 25 per cent, so they are valuable to brands as well.

Google is the world’s most visited website (and specifically in the United States also). In addition, it is the world’s most popular email provider with over 1 billion users. The second largest search engine is YouTube. So most of the world accesses the internet to get information by visiting Google every day.

Being seen by Google and the other search engines as a trusted resource will always be beneficial for brands. Having a high-quality website and using effective SEO is what brands need to succeed.

2. SEO Builds Credibility and Trust

The goal of effective SEO is to build a strong foundation for an attractive, professional-looking website that provides an effective and clean user experience that is easy to find in search due to the credibility and trust that the brand has established along with its other digital properties.

There are many different elements that go into establishing authority with search engines such as Google. Along with the factors discussed above, authority is achieved over time due to such elements as:

  • Optimised content and on-page elements
  • Machine-learning signals
  • Positive user behaviour
  • Quality backlink profiles

However, establishing authority will help a brand more than most or all other types of digital optimisation. The main problem is that building credibility and trust overnight is impossible – just like in real life. Authority must be built and earned over time.

It takes a lot of commitment, effort, and patience to establish an authoritative brand. It also relies on a brand offering a high-quality, valuable service or product so that customers can trust the business.

3. Good SEO Provides a Better User Experience As Well

Every business wants maximum visibility and better organic rankings. However, not many realise that one of the most effective ways to get there is to provide an optimal user experience.

Google knows how to interpret unfavourable and favourable user experiences, and one of the most critical factors to ensure a website’s success is providing a positive user experience. Customers know what they are looking for. If they are unable to find it, then there’s a problem. Website performance will suffer as well.

One of the clearest examples of developing a positive user experience is the way that Google has increasingly become more of an answer engine that offers users information directly from the search engine results pages (SERPs).

This provides users with the information they are searching for easily and quickly, in fewer clicks. A positive user experience is incorporated into quality SEO and leverages it to work in favour of the brand.

Close Menu